Evidently, the median home sales price has decreased over the last several weeks, signaling that now is a great time to a get a deal on a home for sale.
If you’re considering entering the market anytime soon as a buyer, continue reading to learn more!
What You Should Know About Bethesda Real Estate Activity
Here’s an overview of the current state of the local housing market, based on recent market data:
- Currently there are 273 homes for sale on the market, including 16 homes in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between December and March, the average price per square foot for Bethesda homes was $489, up 13.7 percent compared to the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes was $750,000 based on 111 home sales.
- Compared to the same period a year ago, the median home sales price decreased 9.1 percent, or $75,000.
- And the number of home sales decreased 35.8 percent.
- How other communities stacked up when it came to median sales price
- Chevy Chase: $922,500
- Potomac: $884,444
- Rockville: $430,000
- Washington DC: $471,000
- Kensington: $445,000
- During the week ending on March 4, the average listing price for homes here was $1,717,483.
- Compared to a week ago, the average listing price has increased 0.6 percent.
- Broken down specifically, the average listing price for 1-bedroom homes was $226,400
- The average listing price for 2-bedroom homes was $624,050
- And the average listing price for 3- and 4-bedroom homes was $1,119,376 and $1,501,735
- How other communities stacked up in terms of average listing price
- Chevy Chase: $1,612,888
- Potomac: $2,353,787
- Rockville: $550,596
- Washington DC: $907,886
- Kensington: $760,227
Buy Your Next Home IN Bethesda
As you can see, now is a great time to invest in a home for sale on the local housing market here in Bethesda.
Even better: There are several incredible homes listed right now on the market in this wonderful community, including:
So contact us today if you’re ready to take that next step toward owning your own property here. We would love the opportunity to assist you!
Until next time,