For instance, the average price per square foot for homes here increased year-over-year and the median sales price remained virtually unchanged.
Of course, just like Chevy Chase, the Bethesda housing market did see a drop in total number of home sales year-over-year, suggesting that the market still has some recovering to do.
If you’re a prospective home buyer or seller in Bethesda, we encourage you to take a few moments to read today’s blog to learn more about the current state of the market!
What You Should Know About Bethesda Real Estate Activity
Here are the highlights of the most recent report on Bethesda housing market activity:
- Currently there are 351 homes for sale on the market, including 8 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between April and July, the average price per square foot for homes was $447, up 5.2 percent from the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes on this market during that same time period was $804,500, based on 94 home sales.
- When compared to the same period last year, the median sales price has remained virtually unchanged.
- During the week ending on July 22, the average listing price for homes in Bethesda was $1,230,591, down 1.2 percent from the previous week.
- In other words, the average listing price decreased $14,581.
- Broken down further, the average listing price for a 1-bedroom home was $297,746.
- The average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $417,020.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $850,579.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $1,029,815
How Can We Help With Your Next Bethesda Housing Market Transaction?
We would love to assist you by answering any questions you might have as well as providing you with some valuable real estate resources!
Until next time,